Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Taking it slow in Wellington

It is Wed. Jan 30 at 3:30pm. I am in Wellington, the capital of NZ. Yesterday, we went over to someone's (people that one of the girls I'm traveling with know) place and had some yummy barbeque. I learned that they call sausages "snags" in Australia. A hot dog in NZ is a corndog (comes fried on a stick) and an American hot dog would be the hot dogs we all know in North America that comes in a bun.

The sun is especially strong in NZ - I hear that there is no ozone here. I burned a little yesterday and it stings a little in water. Sunblock is mighty expensive here too...they go for about $30 a bottle! It is recommended that we use a minimum of SPF 30 here. Good thing I brought 45 SPF from home! I have some on now.

We are going to look around Wellington a bit tonight and have dinner with some people we met last night. We will be jumping onto the ferry tomorrow to head over to the South Island. It's approximately a 3 hour ferry.

I just tried uploaded some pics from the rafting but it's taking forever. Sorry, looks like you all will have to wait a bit.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Far Flung Flavor said...

Wow! Suddenly you have tons of posts that I am just getting to now!

Thanks for the corn dog education...