Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A lazy day at the Lake


We spent the day at Lake Wanaka today by bringing with us some crackers, mussels, cheese, nachos, salsa, hummus, and wine. It was difficult to eat in peace without a gang of ducks approaching to beg for food. These ducks are so used to humans that they are not afraid to come close. One poor little girl was feeding a duck when it nipped at her.

I went into the lake with Alice where she taught me how to float on my tummy. I still get nervous in the water. It is so wonderful to just relax by the water watching dogs run happily along the beach and swim in the water. There were many ducks and seagulls just hanging out by the shore.

In the evening, we went for some take-away fish n' chips and brought it back to the lake to eat. I love how the fish n' chips are wrapped in newspaper the old fashioned way. Mmm, so delicious!

No comments: