Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bush Fires and High Temps

Wed Jan 7 - the soaring heat has caused many forest fires in the area, including one north of Goulburn. There are a few around Sydney and they have been dumping water with helicopters. This is what happens when it is a dry heat. We don't usualy have such fires in the north east where it's a humid heat. I've always seen it happen in areas such as California. If a bush fire comes near us, the community will have to go out and fight it. There are no firefighters in town - the townspeople are the "fire brigade".

I found out that the dead chook I found was the second one. There was another one that died on Sunday.

Thurs Jan 8 - the dead chicken that Rys had buried yesterday reappeared again today. Cara had dug it up and put it on the grass. So I reburied it and went to work on laying newspapers, sawdust and woodchips on the garden bed. When I finished, I saw the chook was out again. Grrrr, Cara dug it up once again! I told her she was bad and reburied the bird. I hope she doesn't do it again.

I can't wait to finish off the acorn flag today!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it needs to be buried deeper...much deeper.