Saturday, May 2, 2009

KI, Adelaide and Melbourne

FEBRUARY 18 - 22

After I left Paul's Wildlife Sanctuary, I took a bus tour of Kangaroo Island. I also bumped into my 2 German roomates from Sydney at the Kingscote library! (The libraries have free internet). We went for coffee and caught up. What a small world!

While on the bus tour, I met a fellow Canadian from Victoria (Kylie). Funny again, I met her the next day on the ferry from Kangaroo Island to Adelaide (on the mainland)! Well, ok, KI is really a small place where everyone knows everyone. But anyways, Kylie and I decided to go for a last minute Haigh's chocolate factory tour in Adelaide. Haigh's is a high end chocolate and handmade.....it's no Cadbury's. You need reservations for this and we didn't have any. We waited around for approximately 2hrs hoping there'd be a cancellation. We were so lucky there was a cancellation for 2 spots!!! It was great! We got so many free chocolate samples. Mmmmm. We knew we were getting more when the tour guide whipped out her white gloves.

In Melbourne, I wen to the Victoria Market and had some "American Donuts". These are fried round things with red jelly centres....also coated with a bit of crystal sugar. Yum! Soooo good when hot!!!

I also went to the Koorie Aboriginal museum (these are the natives in the Victoria area).

No comments: